Do you have a trusted process to tackle difficult issues with groups you facilitate?
Meetings are expensive when you consider the cost of time of those who attend. There has to be a return on this investment. It all hinges on the competence of the facilitator to manage the content, the process, and the people in the meeting, so as to drive out actions and get commitment to implementation.
Participlan™ is a thinking process. It creates a co-operative environment, encouraging participants to think and contribute ideas, observations and opinions. It speeds up the process of achieving meeting objectives, and keeps the content of the meeting visual.
What will you learn to do?
- take a brief and plan a meeting using the Participlan™ process
- design the sequence and flow of questions to stimulate thinking
- facilitate the capturing of thoughts and ideas using Participlan™ as a visual mapping tool
- engage group interaction to promote free flow of thought and creativity
- manage the dynamic of collaboration, consensus and conflict
- interpret emerging information to inspire the group to unpack and explore issues
- guide the process through to action plans
- summarise, record and report the outcome of the meeting
Who should attend?
Are you experienced at facilitating any of the following: group discussions, disputes, strategic and other planning meetings, projects? If you are looking for a tool to help you manage the process of information exchange, making it easy for people to engage and contribute, then you must have Participlan™ in your tool kit.
“I attended the Participlan course with Owen this week and wanted to drop you a line on how amazing it was! The course met my objectives spot on – it was practical and relevant, and I cannot wait to try out my new skill set.
Owen was a fantastic facilitator and shared his knowledge and experience freely. This added a lot of value.
I enjoyed it very much and can highly recommend it.” – Lita Currie, L&D Manager, Support Functions SAB Miller, Sandton